Cooling and colorful, this makes an appealing summer side dish.
- Water for boiling vegetables
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot rounds
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup soaked, chopped Mitoku Wakame
- 4 tbsp Mitoku Organic Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Mitoku Organic Shoyu Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add sea salt.
- Boil carrots 2-3 minutes. Remove from pot, drain, and cool.
- Boil cauliflower 3-4 minutes. Remove from pot, drain, and cool.
- Boil peas 1-2 minutes. Remove, drain, and cool.
- Boil bean sprouts 20-30 seconds. Remove, drain, and cool.
- Boil wakame 10 seconds. Drain and immediately plunge into cold water to set color. Drain well and combine with other vegetables in serving bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients together, pour over vegetables, toss, and serve.
The recipe by John & Jan Belleme